Trauma occurs when an external threat overwhelms a person’s internal and external positive coping skills.
Traumatic events are more common than we think and vary in severity. We all have experienced varies levels of high (toxic) stress. Research indicates that over 65% of the population has experienced at least one Adverse Childhood Experience. These experiences affect our physical, mental and social outcomes throughout our lifetime and have a direct effect to the way we think, react to everyday experiences, the choices we make, and actions we take.
The great news is we can learn to understand them and respond in healthy and supportive ways.
The objective for the “Trauma Informed Care Approach Training” is for each participant to understand and recognize the basics of trauma, how it can affect themselves & others, learn tools to help gain cooperation & prevent escalation, along with resilience & self-care techniques to promote the student’s positive mental health while dealing with traumatic events and those affected by them.
- Understand and recognize the basics of Trauma and how Trauma affects themselves & others
- Understand and recognize the basics of ACES and their subsequent impacts on adult health.
- Enhance the ability to communicate and improve cooperation with clients, customers, co-workers, etc.
- Improve Interpersonal communication skills.
- Increase productivity and performance
- Enhance basic Self-care concepts, promote Resilience & Positive Mental Health and identify additional resources.
- Mitigate the possibility of causing additional trauma
Who should attend the training:
(Inclusive & culturally competent approach)
- Everyone who wants to enhance communication, cooperation, and performance.
- First Responders, Public Safety, Security, etc.
- Businesses and Corporations
- Youth Serving Organizations
- Faith Based Organizations
- Typically designed to be a 4hr block. (modifications for needs are available)
- In person or a live virtual instructor provide best results.
Contact [email protected]
to get more information and set up training.
$95.00 per student (minimum of 5 students)
$90.00 per student for 11 – 25 students
$85.00 per student for 26+ students
Maximum number of students per session – 40